Snort mailing list archives

Re: secure communication of linux snortsensor with w2k mysql

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:13:16 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 counter.spy () gmx de wrote:

Hello again!

Hello!

I am trying to find out which way is easiest and best for establishing a
secure connection for logging between a SuSE 7.3 Snortsensor and a Windows2000
Advanced Server running MySQL (with Acid and Apache).

Has anybody implemented such a scenario, e.g. with freeswan on the linux box
and another VPN Software (e.g. the VPN software shipped with Advanced
Server) for the Windows box?

Well...  I'll just speak on the *nix side since I don't do Windows. :)

Tunnel it over ssh.  Quick, simple and free. :)

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy