Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 1.8.4 rule question

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:33:03 -0500

According to Sam:
I remember reading about a new feature in snort 1.8.4-beta(x) that would
allow you to specify a rule be matched if it was to_server, or
something to that nature.  It seemed like it would cut down on a lot of
false positives but I can't find any documentation about it.

Sorry for the lack of description here, anyone played with this new
feature (if it exists..  maybe it was in my dreams.. :) )

This feature will not be available until the 1.9 series.  We changed
our minds about adding new features to 1.8.4.  All new features are in
the 1.9 series and later.   SNORT_1_8 is for bug fixes only.

Chris, maybe add this to the documentation and say it first appeared
in 1.9.1?

-brian