Snort mailing list archives

Re: commercial snort

From: Stuart Staniford <stuart () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:39:06 -0800

Just to let folks know there are a number of players developing commercial products around Snort. Silicon Defense was the first company to offer commercial support of Snort, and we have developed a sizeable customer base. We ship IDS appliances based on hardware from our strategic partner Sun Microsystems and have a management console for our appliances due in March (to complement the free Snortsnarf alert browser that we have supported for a couple of years and that is widely used).

There is also Demarc offering management console software for Snort, and then MSSPs such as Guardent offering a Snort based appliance as part of their monitoring service.

Stuart.

http://www.silicondefense.com/