Snort mailing list archives

Re: BPF/libpcap performance, was Re: Seg Fault

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:19:33 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Ashley Thomas wrote:

the packets that Snort processes does'nt touch the tcp/ip stack so would
those parameters matter ??

all the packets to snort is directly from libpcap which is from the
interface ...

Right...  I guess I should have been more specific in what I was asking...  :)

Many folks use some of the blueprint settings from the "Solaris Operating
Environment Network Settings for Network Security"
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/1200/network-updt1.pdf.  I'm wondering should I
rework my jumpstarts to provide for a less tweaked version for a sensor.  Or
if I should just continue to use the 'normal' settings that I've got configed
already.

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy