Snort mailing list archives

Second Sensor/NIC and SNMP

From: "Stuart Hall" <sdenigma () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:40:18 +0000

Wondering if anyone had some relevant information for running SNMP with Snort. I see the variables in the snort.conf but I'm not the strongest SNMP user so was hoping there was a nice reference page available (other than the SNMP-readme).

Also, my Snort box has been running for several months but I want to add a second NIC and sensor for mysql/demarc. I can get the sensor to register in Demarc but it always binds to the wrong NIC. I have three NIC's, one runnign snort, one internally accessible and one that won't bind. This is on W2K. Any suggestions? Am I missing an mysql step?

Thanks,  Stuart