Snort mailing list archives

Re: acid and demarc

From: SkatFiend () aol com
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:55:16 EST

Kooollll, I see what you're saying, that's for the FYI.

Cliff

In a message dated 2/26/2002 12:49:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rhill () xypoint com writes:

Cliff,

I don't blame you, there are parts of the UI that just aren't overly
obvious
on the included features in the product.  To sort by IP from the Event
page,
simply click on the Source IP or Destination IP fields to see all alerts
triggered by the IP within the given time period.  For the 'Events' page,
I'm pretty sure that's just the last 24 hours.  To see all alerts ever
generated for an IP, you could either click in the Top Src or Top Dst IP's
window in Quick Stats OR run a search based on that IP OR show all events
in
the past x days, and then click on the IP you're interested in to
drill-down
the result set.

Ah, I just realized if you're looking for a page that allows you to drill
down from an IP-only display (ala ACID), you're correct, and that's
missing.
Sorry about that.

Regards,

Ryan Hill, MCSE