Snort mailing list archives

AW: Snort Monitoring output Question

From: Heyde Fritjof <fritjof.heyde () ivm-solve-it com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:30:12 +0100

Sure,

log the data to, for example an Mysql database, on the localhost, or on a
trusted mashine in the intranet.
then run a httpd on that mashine (within the intranet) with, for example
Acid as GUI.

Or you start a simple webserver on a win mashine in the intranet (like LWS
or something) and use your samba to read the logged data from the server.
(Of course the samba directory(snort logfiles) is only accessable from that
mashine)
And then download some loggfile parser and run it over the logs.

hope i could give you an idea!

Bydlo