Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard-0.1.0beta4

From: Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:15:54 -0600

bthaler () webstream net writes:

Demarc uses a different database structure than Acid.

For demarc/acid specific stuff... ok. I'm not positive that demarc
existed at the time of that plugin creation.

The comments for the Acid output plugin in the barnyard.conf file
state: "Used to output data into the db schema used by ACID"

While I have not actually verified this, I assume it's referring to
Acid's schema, and not some generic schema.

It was called ACID because acid and the that database format are
fairly closely coupled from a maintence standpoint.

If, on the other hand, this output plugin writes to the generic
snort tables present in both Acid and Demarc, then that's a
different story.  Again, I'm going to assume that "Used to output
data into the db schema used by ACID" means just that.  If this is
not the case, then I suggest that someone either correct the
comments in barnyard.conf, or rename the plugin.

The comments probably should be corrected...

Anyway, I'm just trying to verify where this plugin actually writes
to (db tables) without having to install, configure and run it
myself.

grep INSERT op_acid_db.c.. Do any of those not work for demarc?
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>