Snort mailing list archives

SNORTt and MsSQL - don't know w/c to point the error at :-)

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:25:14 -0600

This is weird. When I run snort, it is able to populate the sensor table in microsoft mssql via odbc.
Btw, my snort is on a separate box, freebsd and sql is on MsSQL.

Now, I couldn't tell where the problem is coming from.

I tested isql -v snort-dns snortadmin password then executed
SELECT sid FROM sensor WHERE hostname = '192.168.0.115' AND interface = 'fxp0' AND detail = '1' AND encoding = '0' AND
filter IS NULL

It gave me a table which contains the sid number.

This means that snortadmin account has a select perms. I also tried
insert into sensor(hostname) values ('192.168.0.120') and I was able
to insert it. So this means, that I don't have any permission problems
like what this link is telling us. http://www.incident.org/snortdb/ item #4

There must be something wrong with snort's database functionality.

Upon reading this link, http://www.easysoft.com/products/2002/snort.phtml
It says that spo_database.c contains an error and snorts need to be patched.
Problem is, I couldn't find the patch.

Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this error?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Neil