Snort mailing list archives

AW: compiling snort with db-logging feature result in error

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:54:29 +0100

I would suggest the following: When snort is called as you do it may use the
previously installed snort and not the new compiled version because make
install installs the binary in another place as Suse's version and Suse's
version is in the path first.

Uninstall any previous version with rpm -e snort (use the name of the suse
package). You also might change the directories on the ./configure
commandline and recompile snort. This should fix your prob.

Servus,
Sandro