Snort mailing list archives

Re: snoop output contradicts with snort database

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:19:25 -0800

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 04:04:46PM -0700, Phil Wood wrote:
On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 02:14:43PM -0800, Gongya Yu wrote:
Hi, all:

I have a win2k box compromised. After I boot up that box, I use snoop to find that it sends

lots of packets to remote machines on port 80 from random local ports. I set up a snort box to plugin to oracle

database. When I query tcphdr table, I found tcp_sport contains port 80, while tcp_dport contains random ports.

<snip>

Have you had a drink yet?

I don't think he gets one; maybe he has to buy two for everyone else on the list..

- John

--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?