Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-stable vs snort-1.8.3-freebsd

From: Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:46:11 -0600

paul.stephenson () biomni com writes:

Hi there,

Pretty new to Snort and FreeBSD, currently using the version of Snort
available from the 4.4 ports collection.

Just wondered what the difference is between the snort-stable and the
snort-1.8.3-freebsd release? Should I really be using snort-freebsd
releases on a FreeBSD system?

1.8.3-freebsd was the last time we did the formal packaging release
dance.  Current has lots of important fixes and we need to do the
formal packaging release dance again very soon.
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>