Snort mailing list archives

Re: local codered infection

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:30:38 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Phil Wood wrote:

CodeRed.b is the only active one out there at the moment.  It doesn't
contain the string "cmd.exe".  That was Codered II (CodeRed.c and
CodeRed.d).

For what it's worth, I saw 113,281 WEB-IIS cmd.exe accesses yesterday.

I should have said "the only active Code Red out there at the moment."
Yours would be Nimda, and possibly a few Sadmind and manual attempts.  The
original poster was only asking about Code Red, but Nimda is certainly
worth mentioning in this context.  Sorry for the omission.

                                        Ryan