Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard Solaris 2.6 make issue

From: Steve Rudolph <srudolph () iocenter net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:14:01 -0500

Oh, I see now...
I am using mysql on a seperate server, and I was hoping this might speed things
up a bit.
It seemed to install ok too.  Now I just need to figure out how to make it work
right.

Thanks for all of your help!
Steve

Chris Green wrote:

Steve Rudolph <srudolph () iocenter net> writes:

I did CFLAGS=-lnsl ./configure
instead of just ./configure and the make worked!
Thanks for your help guys!  How much cpu do you think this may save when I
de-couple the logging?

Well, it doesn't "save" cpu perchance.  It saves the snort process
from cpu usage in hard hit cases like database or Full logging.

If your cpu is pegged and you are using pcap formatted logs and "fast"
alerts, I don't think it will help you squeeze milk from the stone but
you can move your log processing to another machine if you do prefer
one of the more heavy output formats.
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>

--