Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort_stat.pl

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:08:33 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, snortlst snortlst wrote:

I use snort_stat.pl at this time to pars alert file.I have 2 machines with
identical setup.
On the first machine snort_stat.pl works fine
On the second machine it works fine either but doesn't display 'The log
begins at' & 'The log ens at'.
Lines look like this:
The log begins at:   ::
The log ends at:     ::

On the 'good'machine the lines look like this:
The log begins at:   10:00
The log ends at:     11:00

Any ideas why this happens?

Nope.

This also happens to me.  I'm running 1.7 and 1.8.1 (85) on the same box.
Current version of snort_stat.pl works fine on 1.7.   As soon as I try to send
it my newer logs (from 1.8.1) it gives the same output.  I've written Yen Ming
about it, but the feature seems to be well hidden.  :)

Anyone else?

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy