Snort mailing list archives

Re: troubleshooting Snort on Windows 2000

From: Matthew Williams <williams () mackinfo com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:56:12 -0400

Sounds like the default socket location that php expects to use
to connect to mysql is not correct.

'mysqladmin variables' will list the socket location that mysql
is using.  Confirm that it agrees with the socket specified
in the php3.ini file.  Alternatively you can specify the socket
in the php call; in my case, we use

        mysql_pconnect("localhost:/tmp/mysql.sock","nobody");

I haven't used ACID, but this fixed the same problem on another
application last night ;)

Matt

phillip mawson wrote:

Hi all

Can any help me with this problem?

I am trying to get snort running as a service on a windows 2000
system, logging to a MySQL database, with ACID.  I am getting an error
when I try to access acid_main.php  (see below)

      Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in
c:\snort\adodb\adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 113 localhost.

This is as far as I get.  nothing else.

I have gone through the instructions on the www.silicondefense.com
website again but can't seem to see what I am missing.

I can interface with mysql fine and snort is logging correctly.

The problem seems to be with PHP or ADODB or ACID but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phill

--
 I'd like to have an all-boy birthday party.  We'll say
 it will be a Power Ranger party so they will com