Snort mailing list archives

Couple of weird acid issues

From: Mike Shaw <mshaw () wwisp com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:43:42 -0500

Anyone else seen these behaviors?

(Acid 0.9.6b16, Snort 1.7, OpenBSD 2.9-stable, MySQL 3.23.37)

On an alert listing page--checking the box on an alert group, selecting "Delete Alert(s)" and then hitting "selected" results in "No alerts were selected or the DELETE was not successful". But if I go in to the "Query results" page, select "Delete Alert(s)" and hit "entire query" I get "Successful DELETE - 1234 alert(s)" (it works).

On the acid_stat_ipaddr.php page, when doing a local whois on an IP, I get "Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's, and related POC's. Please use the whois server at rs.internic.net for DOMAIN ' at line 1"

When archiving (move) items, I get "Ignored 1234 duplicate alert(s)" and "No alerts were selected or the ARCHIVE-move was not successful", no matter how I select the alerts.

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Mike