Snort mailing list archives

Re: What can Snort listen for (again)? (steven)

From: "Joe Pampel" <joe () ardsley com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:42:47 -0400

If the hosts in question are plugged into the same hub as the snort sensor you're good to go.
If you are running on a switch you have to create a mirror port for snort (so it can see the traffic
on the other ports). On a switched network you will see nothing but the snort hosts own traffic (netbios,
ICMP etc)  and broadcast junk unless you do this.

HTH

Message: 5