Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID and MSSQL

From: "Stephen Shepherd" <drew600_1999 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:48:17 -0600

Well they don't have a sheet yet.  Mike asked me to type one up but I have
yet to get time.  Here are the basic steps:

1.) Have SQL installed and running either local or on another box.
2.) Create a DB called snort on the SQL server
3.) Use the sql script mssql.conf that comes with the Win32 distribution.
This is a text file with TSQL statements for creating the tables.  You can
run this in many different ways, but I used SQL Query analyzer tool
4.) Create a User for the snort DB and make sure it has enough rights to
add/updated the DB.  I just made my snortuser DBO for the snort DB.
5.) The machine that is running Snort will need the MS SQL client installed.
Install this by running SQL Server setup on the workstation and selecting
the client tools install.
6.) Configure the DB plug-in line in snort.conf to point to the right DB
server and give it the appropriate credentials.

that's the best I can come up with from memory right now.  Give it a try and
see how it goes.