Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID and schema 104

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb0x29a () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:00:15 -0700 (PDT)

This is probably caused by a minor difference between the barnyard and
snort db plugins.  The snort db plugin will automagically create a sensor
id based on runtime parameters.  Since barnyard does not have knowledge of
how snort was run, you have to configure the sensor id in barnyard.conf.
ACID probably needs to have the sensor id added to the database, but
AFAIK, there is no mechanism in ACID for manually creating a sensor.  I
will be checking a script into barnyard CVS to handle this later this
week.

-A

--- Jason Lewis <jlewis () packetnexus com> wrote:
While trying to figure out my problems with barnyard, I upgraded to
schema
104.  I am wondering if that is my problem.  Data is being inserted into
the
DB, but ACID is only graphing the data.  None of the other fields are
updated.

I decided to blow it all away and start from scratch with the cvs
versions
of ACID and snort.  I created the DB and ACID reports it is schema 104,
but
it still doesn't update the fields, Unique Alerts, Total Number of
Alerts,
etc.

So, it looks like barnyard is working, but my problem may be with
ACID.....
I am probably overlooking something...any ideas?