Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: questions for the ACID

From: Saad Kadhi <bsdguy () noos fr>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 09:16:30 +0200

From: Henry Chan <henrchan () aslhk56 asl com hk>
To: snort-devel () lists sourceforge net
Subject: questions for the ACID
Date: 17 Oct 2001 11:13:31 +0800

Dear All;

Pls help !!! I get some questions about the ACID software.After I run
the ACID for 6 hours. The snort system is hang. Also, the ACID does not
refresh the screen. Then, I restart the snort service and the database.
Then it will start to log the alert again.
We need more info to help you: platform you are running snort on,
hardware, amount of RAM, avg. number of alerts/per day, snort version,
startup options, version of MySQL, version of ACID, version of adodb,
version of PHP ...etc.

Another questions, how long do I need to update the attack signature
and how can I find the attack signature definition for each signature.
www.whitehats.com. To update the rules automatically, get a look @ Dr
SuSE's wednesday post in the archives.

--
/saad