Snort mailing list archives

Re: data table full in MYSQL

From: Susan Kay Coulter <skc () lanl gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:07:09 -0600

If you use ACID to do the delete, the payload entry in the data table should be
removed.  If you are assuming the payloads are not being removed because the
size of the data.MYD is not getting smaller ... that is not a good indicator.
The data.MYD will forever be 4.2 gig from now on ... that is the way mysql
works.  If ACID said it deleted the alerts, you can be pretty sure the payload
entry was removed from data.MYD.

Ok,

      database: mysql_error: The table 'data' is full

my data.MYD is 4.2 gigs :) I killed a bunch of events from the acid
dbase
but no dice. It looks like it is pulling them into cache but not
deleting
them from the data.myd directory. The user has full rights over the
dbase.
Also when I go into cache and status is says there are 300,000+ alerts
but
only 56000 cached events. I update the alert cache and it says 0 alerts
added. I am not sure of how the process works. Should I wipe the DB and
start over?

Mike