Snort mailing list archives

Re: Promiscuous mode

From: Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:18:35 -0500

"snortlst snortlst" <snortlst () hotmail com> writes:

I want to run snort in NDIS mode for traffic coming from outside and
for LAN traffic FAQ says I have to set NIC to promiscuous mode.Is is
mandatory?  If it is then how can I do it manually?

Snort will try to do this automatically which should be good enough
for your purposes.

Please try and save up a few of your questions ( many of which can be
answered by reading documentation ) rather than lots of little
questions in about the same subject area.
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>