Snort mailing list archives

Re: New to snort

From: "Johnno" <valentine () xtra co nz>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:25:18 +1200

so how would a go about  stopping the cmd.exe etc..  as these are hitting
the network about every 2-3 hours.. altho i am using linux.. i am finding it
a pain as my apache logs are filled up with this sort of junk...

I am wanting to stop it at the gateway computer so my logs don't get full of
this virus/hacker attempt.

because the ip changes all the time using a normal firewall it not going to
cut..  Then I was told about snort and how it could stop this junk getting
throw....

Many Thanks,
                        Johnno