Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on multiple interfaces

From: "Chris Eidem" <jceidem () dexma com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:01:50 -0500

Michael,

I was having problems with multiple interfaces logging to the
same file (basically, the file would lose its grip and I would
be unable to read it with {tcpdump,snort,ethereal}).  Make sure
that you start up each instance of snort to write to different
files and you'll do just fine.

i.e:
snort -A fast -b -i fxp0 -c snort.conf -l /var/log/snort/fxp0 -D
snort -A fast -b -i fxp1 -c snort.conf -l /var/log/snort/fxp1 -D

not:
snort -A fast -b -i fxp0 -c snort.conf -D
snort -A fast -b -i fxp0 -c snort.conf -D

HTH,
Chris