Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard to db

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb0x29a () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Poor <sp0re () digitz org> wrote:
is there any db support through barnyard?   I read the documentation,
and other than through the traditional snort output to MYSQL
and other  unixodbc outputs, there was no mention of
db output from barnyard.

there are not currently any database output plugins available in barnyard.
 I have contemplated porting Jed's database output plugin over to
barnyard, but there are other things that need to be completed first.

I noticed that in the lecture you gave at IO Wargames,
you were mentioning 20,000 writes per
second though barnyard, compared to +-800 with MYSQL output
plugin from snort, and was wondering if that was to a
database, and if so, which one?  Is this something for the future?

The benchmark mentioned was obtained using a high speed embedded database.
 I will let Marty talk more about that if he wants to.

-Andrew