Snort mailing list archives

CanSecWest/core02 -where can I find more info

From: "Raymond Jacob" <jacob_raymond () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:45:03 +0000

CanSecWest/core02 -where can I find more info?
I could not find any information at the web
site. BTW the description of web server
seems like it would make an excellent
presentation.

thank you,
Raymond

Message: 8
From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:57:20 -0800
Subject: [Snort-users] CanSecWest/core02

The negotiations with the hotel are complete and I would like to announce that
next year the CanSecWest conference will be held at the highest point of
elevation in Vancouver at the brand new Sheraton Wall Center conference
center.

http://www.sheratonwallcenter.com

Our conference registration system is up at http://cansecwest.com and you will have the option of having a room reservation made for you through this system
at registration time.

A preliminary list of speakers is up, and shortly a finalized list of presenters
and paper synopses will be put on the site.

Thanks to Will and Sean for building a very cool and apparently very secure
ecommerce back end DB for cansecwest,  that not only runs chroot apache and
chroot mysql, and taint mode perl but also stores info _inside_ the DB pgp
encrypted without the private key.  It has already survived a serious poking
from FyodorY,  RFP, and HDM, who have to count in anyone's all-star
pen-test redteam. They only managed to get to the "Quit Fucking Around"
dagnostic or so :-) Cause if there is anything we learned about the kinds of
people that go to CSW is that they *will* poke at the security!

Happy holiday season.
--dr

P.s. do you think that it makes our site sound too unproffessional cause we
swear in some of the diagnostic messages ? :-)

--
--dr                    http://dragos.com/dr-dursec.asc
CanSecWest/core02 - May 1-3 2002 - Vancouver B.C. - http://cansecwest.com