Snort mailing list archives

Re: Test question

From: Jose Celestino <japc () co sapo pt>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 02:20:28 +0000

Thus spake Phil Wood, on Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 07:12:01PM -0700:

Here is a rule from attack-responses.rules int the 1.8.3 release:

alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"ATTACK RESPONSES id check returned root"; flags:A+; content: "uid=0(root)";
classtype:bad-unknown; sid:498; rev:2;)

I'd like to compliment the person who developed this rule.

Secondly, I'd like to propose a question to tickle your fancy.

If the second any were 22, and the first any was on your network, what
would the classtype be?  Extra credit.  Fill in the blanks.

And how the hell did you intended to get a "uid=0(root)" out of an
suposely encrypted connection?

  systems are being compromised via the ___-__ ___________ ______ ________

--
Jose Celestino <japc () co sapo pt>