Snort mailing list archives

Re: Bad priority setting

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:57:34 -0500

Do you have your classification.config file in with your rules files? It is critical to the interpretation of the priorities in the standard snort rules.

This file should be referenced from snort.conf with this line before your rule files are included:
    include classification.config

My first suggestion is to make sure you have this file, and it is referenced from snort.conf. That's my "first guess which is most likely causing the problem", let the list know if that doesn't solve your problem.