Snort mailing list archives

RE: Disable local logging

From: "Frank Reid" <fcreid () ourcorner org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:53:19 -0500

Update on this "Snort stops logging" situation:  I adjusted the snort.conf
settings, and it appears to have fixed the problem.  The problem may lie in
some combination of the defrag and stream2 preprocessors.  Previously, I had
been using these preprocessor parameters (defaults by demarc):

preprocessor defrag
preprocessor stream2: timeout 10, ports 21 23 80 110 143, maxbytes 16384

I switched to frag2 and stream4 preprocessors, and the sensor has been
reporting properly for about 24 hours.  I'm hoping that nails down the
problem.

Frank