Snort mailing list archives

Snort/mysql & portscanning outpout

From: Steve Wingate <steve () velosystems net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:01:55 -0800

I am running snort 1.8.3 logging to mysql 3.23.41 on OpenBSD 2.9, all on the same box. I also have ACID acid-0.9.6b19
and demarc-1.05-stable for viewing output.
Everything seems fine except portscans are getting logged to portscan.log but not the database, it seems. I never see
any reports of portscan activity from either acid nor demarc, yet the portscan.log shows them.
Is there something I need to change to see portscans in the DB reports? My configuration is pretty generic, basically
following the instructions on the demarc site for setting up each piece of the pie.
TIA