Snort mailing list archives

Re: "Snort received signal 15, exiting"

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:18:03 +0000

Signal 15 is SIGTERM usually the result of a kill command or such.
A critical piece of information here is what OS this is under, please
include version and processor type in the info so that a developer
can try to dupicate the situation and identify if snort is erroneously
deciding it has received this signal or if there is some funky os
component or other process that is sending spurious kill signals.

(My crystal ball guess... 1) RedHat7.x 2) Solaris ... as those two seemed
to be the source of "funky" errors most often :-)

thanks,
--dr

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:45:56 -0600