Snort mailing list archives

1.8.3 still has flexresp configure bug

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:11:57 +1300

I just tried building 1.8.3 with "--enable-flexresp", and configure produces
this as it runs:

----
checking for u_int8_t... no
checking for u_int16_t... no
checking for u_int32_t... no
----

That should be "yes". If you try to "make" after that, on Redhat 7.1 systems
at least, make will crash with "redefinition" errors.

Running configure without "--enable-flexresp" causes it to work correctly.

I've had a bit of a snoop through ./configure, and can't see why this is
causing a difference. Maybe the added include files from defining flexresp
causes the configure tests to run differently?

This was reported by Victor Barahona with 1.8.2, so I guess it's been around
for around a month now...

I've found that if I simply moved the flexresp check code down below the
u_int checks, it all works.

So here's the diff.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Information Security Manager
Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417