Snort mailing list archives

Re: HOME_NET broken?

From: Gordon Ewasiuk <gewasiuk () gnmc net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:56:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brad,

On Today, bthaler () webstream net wrote:
Is anyone else having a problem entering multiple networks into the
snort.conf file?

var HOME_NET [10.10.10.0/20,20.20.20.0/20,30.30.30.0/20]

Those lines look legit.  Mine are similar.  Can you provide more details
about the problems you are seeing?  Descriptions?  Error messages?

Also, if the above nets are bogus (appears so, but I won't assume),
post your actual home_nets?  Was thinking, possibily, snort checks for
valid CIDR ranges?  Dunno.

-Gordon

Gordon Ewasiuk, Certifed Sun Fanatic,  Winstar VHC
The REAL office number is here----->  703.893.4901
Tired of BSODs, My Computer, and Code Red?
http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries/