Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort with 2 nics - collecting only UDP data

From: "Tinu Patel" <tinu.patel () insignis com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:34:18 -0600

Thanks a lot for the feedback.......i removed the extra any from the
snort.conf file......and I am using log because I am entering data into
a mysql database and using ACID as a front end.  In my snort.conf file
if I do :

log udp any any --> 10.10.0.0/20 any

then I can see all the udp traffic, but when I do:

log tcp any any --> 10.10.0.0/20 any

then it doesn't log any data!!!!...which puzzles me coz it's the exact
same syntax but just a different protocol......

And I do not have a "nolog" derective in my snort.conf.....

Thanks

Tinu