Snort mailing list archives

WEB-MISC long basic authorization string

From: RAMALINGA Reddy <Rgreddy1 () covansys com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 02:56:56 -0500

Hello,
        We are running snort on linux. I am getting  so many "WEB-MISC long
basic authorization string" alerts. I notice that for all these messages the
destination ip is our proxy server ( for accessing the internet). The number
of hits from various ips to our proxy server which result in "WEB-MISC long
basic authorization string" alert range from 21 to 500. What could be wrong
? Do I need to change the security policy at proxy server ?

Rali