Snort mailing list archives

RE: Linux of FreeBSD

From: Michael Aylor <maylor () swbanktx com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:36:46 -0600

I can't site my sources (so don't hold me to this, this is just what
I've heard), but I believe BSD performed very slightly better than Linux
under high stress, but I've also heard that you can strip down linux to
perform as well if you know what you're doing.

My impression was that the performance difference between BSD and linux
wasn't big enough to warrent a mass migration to BSD.

Again, only what I've heard in the rumor mill....

Mike