Snort mailing list archives

Update -> Logging question

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () charite de>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:35:56 +0100

Hi!

I have a logging question after upgrading my snort.conf (I have been using
an old snort.conf, but decided to throw out the old junk).

I used to use logging of alerts to syslog and packet traces in tcpdump
format to a file.

I'd like to log the alerts to a plain text file instead of using the extra
overhead of using syslog, and keep the packet traces in the binary tcpdump
format file.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155
                                            Fax.  +49 (0)30-450 570-916