Snort mailing list archives

RE: Preferrable location?

From: "Jason Lewis" <jlewis () packetnexus com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 01:15:08 -0500

For a) I use this.

http://www.packetnexus.com/docs/packetnexus/NIDS_Placement.pdf

For b), one NIC could be used for packet capture and the other for
management (on an isolated subnet).

For c), You are venturing into the OS holy war.  Go with what you know.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.