Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort local.rules help

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 06:57:24 -0700

Brent:

Of ACID,  I know not..

It's a GUI-based front end for analysis, but snort is very happy without it.

I don't use ACID at all (heh.. haven't for 25 years.. oops.. hmm.)

Depending on your command line, and the settings in snort.conf, snort will log where ever you tell it to..

Logcheck (the logcheck from Abacus/Psionic, anyway..) just watches what gets put out by syslog and acts according to what it's been told to monitor, and how it's been told to respond.

I use logcheck to email my firewall DENY's and snort alerts to several other boxes on my network

- John

--
John Sage
FinchHaven, Vashon Island, WA, USA

Brent wrote:

OK i got it running by editing the local.rules file to reflect my
network....anywho ...is ACID the GUI for snort ??
or does snort just report to syslog ???  or logcheck ?? or what ??

Brent