Snort mailing list archives

RE: Good Gbit card for Snorting?

From: "Hutchinson, Andrew" <Andrew.Hutchinson () Vanderbilt edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:24:38 -0600

I'm using an Intel Pro/1000F with good results.  Snort'ing a 1000Mbps
will not happen, but with decent hardware I think that Phil Wood's
assessment of 200Mbps or so it probably realistic.

Andrew Hutchinson CNE MCSE
Informatics/NCS/Network Security
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
615.936.2856 - voice
615.936.0643 - fax
andrew.hutchinson () mcmail vanderbilt edu