Snort mailing list archives

Also new to Snort

From: "Geoff Hirschi" <snowulf () qwest net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:33:21 -0800

Hiya!

I am very new to Snort.  To compound my trouble, Snort is the first sniffer software I have ever tried to work with.

Primarily we are looking for a something that will give us real time indication of how our bandwidth is being used on
our subnet.  In the documentation on the website and in the readme I saw several refrences to using Snort as a
bandwidth monitor, but I was not able to find any instructions on how to use it that way.  I am perfectly willing and
able to RTFM - but I cant seem to find the refrence in the FM that I need.  Can someone please point me to the starting
point?  In case it matters, I am running the WindersNT version of Snort.

Regards,

Geoff