Snort mailing list archives

Re: browser hangs with newest ACID

From: pbsarnac () ThoughtWorks com
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:39:52 -0500

I'm experiencing the same behavior (and have been for some time). I get it
to hang using Netscape 4.75, Mozilla 0.9.3 and IE 5 SP2.

I compiled PHP with memory limits, and just recently installed the memory
limits patch (since it was broken before). I've bumped my limit up to 16 M,
and now I don't usually get the "Allowed memory size" error, but everything
still hangs.

acid 0.9.6b15
adodb 1.31
mysql 3.23.41
apache 1.3.20
php 4.0.6 w/ memory limit patch (
http://www.php.net/do_download.php?download_file=php-4.0.6-memlimit.diff.gz&source_site=download.php.net

)
snort 1.8.1

|--------+--------------------------------------->
|        |          michi () nohack de              |
|        |          Sent by:                     |
|        |          snort-users-admin@lists.sourc|
|        |          eforge.net                   |
|        |                                       |
|        |                                       |
|        |          10/01/2001 05:30 AM          |
|        |                                       |
|--------+--------------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>                                                           |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [Snort-users] browser hangs with newest ACID                                             |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

since update to ACID v.0.9.6b15 my browser (now Netscape 4.78) hangs after
some work with ACID.
After closing and opening the browser everything works fine for about 2
minutes.

Sometimes I got also the error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at
zend_opcode.c:48
(tried to allocate 11520 bytes) in
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1703

I am using:
acid v.0.9.6b15 with newest cvs-updates
adodb v1.31
mysql v3.23.37
apache v.1.3.19 with php4.0.4pl1 and ssl enabled
snort 1.8.1
netscape 4.78 browser

Could anybody help me or have the same problem ?

Thanks and best regards,
Michi