Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems Logging to database

From: Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:46:27 -0600

"Dan McIntosh" <d.mcintosh () computer org> writes:

I can't seem to get Snort log to a database (Snort 1.8.2, RedHat 7.2).

Is there some way to confirm that the database plug-in is installed
correctly?

Here is the command from init.d:

   case "$1" in
   start)
   echo -n "Starting snort: "
   cd /var/log/snort
 > daemon /usr/sbin/snort-mysql -b -A fast -d -D \
 > -i $INTERFACE -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Remove -b and -A fast from the command line.  If you run it
interactively ( without the -D flag ) you should see something about
command line parameters overriding configuration file

Hrm I should change the init script to rely only on the config file
and not specify any logging options on the actual snort config line.
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.