Snort mailing list archives

Re: Token ring support of snort

From: Fyodor <fygrave () tigerteam net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 18:21:41 +0700

I had the similar report while ago that running snort on real tocket ring iface brings lots of junk while tcpdump saved
file interpreted just fine. The thing is that I never had any access to tockenring device while coding tockenring
support piece, therefore I used tcpdump files to figure out the protocol/test the code. The person who was assiting me
at that time, told, that it worked on real device as well, but maybe something got changed. if someone could provide me
with access to a box with token ring interface on it, I may try to fix tokerning support.