Snort mailing list archives

.ida attempt vs .ida access

From: "Julia A. Case" <julie () MageNet com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:16:14 -0700

Ok, after lots of help from Jed I got snort up and going and logging to a
MySQL database...  I'm using snortreport to view the data in the database
and it seems when I view the info about a .ida attempt it triggers an
alert of .ida access, at first I was scared and then I realized that the
alert came from the pc I was using to view the web page...

Julia

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]