Snort mailing list archives

Multiple logging destinations

From: Steve Nold <Steve.Nold () lenderlive com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:43:29 -0600

Forgive me if this has been asked before - I've searched through the
archives and couldn't find an answer...

I recently reconfigured Snort so that instead of doing full logging to a
directory, it's now logging into a MySql database.  That works just fine.
However, I'd now like to have it log to a directory as well as the database.
In my snort.conf file, I've got an entry for the database that looks like
this:

output database: log, mysql, dbname=snort user=snort host=localhost

I've also got an entry to do full logging that looks like this:

output alert_full: /var/log/snortlogs/alert

The problem, however, is that even though it writes the 'alert' file, I
don't get any subdirectories based on IP address like I did before.  Is
there an additional option for the 'alert_full' directive that I'm missing?
I figured that if I turned on full logging, it would behave the same way it
was before I was logging to a database, but so far it doesn't.

Thanks,

Steve