Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: OT: daemontools

From: Marsiske Stefan <stefan.marsiske () sysdata siemens hu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:07:18 +0200

have a look at:
http://simonbs.com/snort.php

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 09:34:42AM -0500, Chris Green wrote:
"Williams Jon" <WilliamsJon () JohnDeere com> writes:

Based on messages I've seen in several places, I'm attempting to use
daemontools (http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html) to control my processes on my
IDS boxes, but I'm running into some snags and the documentation isn't being
cooperative :-)

I've got cross-daemon dependencies (sshd requires that prngd is started,
snort requires mysqld, etc.), but I can't figure out how to make daemontools
aware of these requirements.  Is there a way to do this?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log&m=99083425708933&w=2 is the most
recent time that has come up on the list.

--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
A watched process never cores.