Snort mailing list archives

Snort 1.8p1 crashing after about a day.

From: Sebastian Ip <9scki () qlink queensu ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:57:34 -0400

Hi

        I am new to this list so I am not sure if people have always talked about
this problem.

        I run redhat 7.1 all patches applied with a iptables firewall. And i have
snort running on the same box. This serves as my @home firewall. My problem
is snort 1.8p1 crashes with a core dump(attached) after about a day.
Sometimes a day and a haft.

        This problem is not isolated to my own machine. It happens too at work with
another redhat 7.1 install. Simliar configs ture but not the same.

        So there is either something i am doing wrong or there is a problem with
snort. I noticed at groups.google.com that there was something about the
stream4 preprocessor. So i disabled that today hopefully that'll solve the
problem. But I would like to use the stream4 prepro so is there a fix for
this problem?

thanks

Sebastian Ip