Snort mailing list archives

snort_stat.pl and xanadu.incident.org

From: Yen-Ming Chen <yenming () xanadu incident org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:36:13 -0400

Hi,
        Sorry for the near half a month downtime of my machine. I was away
from home from the end of June till this morning. And the reason is simply
that the hub in my room somehow lost its power. Anyway, xanadu.incident.org
is back online and should be working again. Here are some recent changes and
updates:

1. My article 'Survey of Snort Log Analysis Tool' was published on unixreview
   since July 01 (http://www.unixreview.com/articles/2001/0107/0107f/0107f.htm)
   I apologized for the missing screen shot, but I did try to ask them to put
   it there when they sent me the proof of article. Any comments or feedback
   are welcomed.

2. There are problems with the snort_stat.pl when processing the new log
   format of 1.8, I am aware of the problems, and will try to fix them ASAP.
   Actually, I just realized my script probably won't even work with the log
   generated by 1.8.1-beta5, have to try to catch up with snort log formats
   ASAP too.

Thanks.

--
Yen-Ming Chen